Thursday, June 5, 2008

Brevard North Carolina is absolutely beautiful! I passed some great barns on the way to visit a friend...



Flame Azalea, Rhododendron calendulaceum, in full bloom! This native lives up to it's name brightening the woods.


The Asheville area is having an erruption of 17 year cicadas... Not where I live, but north of Asheville, at my friend Diana's house, the buzz can be deafening! They come out every a7 years to live above ground for 4-6 weeks... They are everywhere! And being still something of a city girl, I am not down with big bumbling helicopters of this sort... when one landed on Diana and she calmly brushed it off, I screamed... she laughed... I was not laughing, in fact, I was quite paranoid after that....


Maiden plant buying voyage of the new Subaru, christened "Bubble", to Jack Young Greenhouses where I completely overloaded, but got some great stuff.... Castor bean plants, Maple leafed hibiscus, pawpaw trees...

photo credit: SPP (yes it's way better without the flash!)

No comments: