Thursday, June 4, 2009
Not helping, just being cute!
I've been doing a good bit of digging in the front yard, when it is not raining that is! We got 9 inches last week! The rivers are overflowing their banks and the peepers are peeping in the yard! I put some shrubs in front of the porch
- Kalmia "snowdrift" nice big leaves for a Mtn. Laurel, compact 3'x3' heavy white bloomer
- Sambucus "black lace" purple leaved Elderberry
- Lonicera fragrantissima - Winter blooming honeysuckle
- Hamamelis "Arnold's promise"
- Calicarpa "Athens"
- Rhus - A chartreuse staghorn
- A deciduous azalea "Golden lights"
Peonies! One of my all time favorites... At work we have several patches of them planted in the front yard and everyday we cut a huge bouquet to put on the counter. They smell delicious and if anyone asks we force them to take a bloom away with them! No one has objected yet, absolutely makes for a better day!
I love seeing the seed heads in the centers immature... then after all of the petals fall off they slowly ripen and burst open...